Monday, March 5, 2012

About Me

By the grace of God, I am what I am. My name is Ashley Maggard, and I am blessed beyond measure. I have two loving, Christian parents and one sister. The great thing about having a sister is that I always have a friend. I graduated from The Crown College, and I am married to a wonderful, God-fearing man. We were married on May 28, 2011.God has been so good to me.

I grew up in a Christian home. So naturally I went to church every Sunday and Wednesday (oh, and don’t forget the special meetings!), but this did nothing to save me. Being born into a Christian home did nothing to save me. I came to the realization that I was a sinner. I needed Christ. I received Jesus Christ into my heart at the age of nine. God is so good. I’m learning to praise God not for what He does, but for who He is.

If you’re wondering why I started this blog, it’s not to put my life on display for the public. Anyone who knows me at all knows that I’m a private person. I started this blog…..

1. For my family and friends.
2. Because in May of 2011, I graduated from college AND got married.
3. Because in June of 2011, I moved away from my friends and family.
4. So my family and friends can know what I’m doing and keep up with me if they want.
5. To record some things that have helped me and will hopefully help others.
6. To give a glimpse into my world.
7. To have some fun.

Am I a great writer? Heavens, no! But my desire is that we can learn something together and share ideas through this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment